Jolly Phonics program (4+ years)
Jolly Phonics Program is a four-stage course that built around Jolly Phonics and Jolly Grammar, which is aimed at establishing reading and writing skills. Children will learn the 42 main sounds used in word formation in an enjoyable, multi-sensory way. Besides single sounds, children will also learn the letter formation and blending to help them read and spell new words and also to tackle tricky words. Jolly phonics is a class full of actions and fun for young learners.
How does Jolly Phonics work?
1. The 42 main letter sounds are taught. This includes alphabet sounds as well as digraphs such as sh, ai and ue.
2. Using different multi-sensory methods, children are taught how to form and write the letters.
3. As soon as the letter sounds are known, children are taught how to blend them to read and write the letters.
4. Children are also taught how to hear the different sounds in words. This is an effective way of improving spelling.
5. Tricky words have irregular spellings and children are taught how to learn these separately.